Julia Scopp works at the front desk and in the playroom at Elite Sports Clubs. Learn about Julia and why she loves working at Elite!
Get to Know Julia Scopp
- What position(s) do you currently hold at Elite and any you have held in the past?
I work at the front desk and in the playroom.
- How long have you been working in the health/fitness/tennis industry and how long have you worked at Elite?
I have been working at Elite for 2 years.
- What made you want to start working in this industry and/or for Elite?
My family and I have been members of Elite for years. I love working with kids and the playroom seemed like a perfect fit. I am planning on becoming a speech-language pathologist in the future and I hope to work with kids in a hospital or school setting.
- What is your favorite part about your job?
My favorite part about my job is playing with the kids and seeing them grow up.
- What activities do you participate in at the club or outside of the club that are health/fitness/tennis related?
I love to run and lift weights on a daily basis. In the summer, I love to wakeboard, paddleboard, and do anything lake-related.
- What has been your biggest personal struggle with health/fitness/tennis?
- What has been your biggest personal accomplishment with health/fitness/tennis?
My biggest accomplishment is learning to love running. In high school, I played field hockey and I dreaded running the mile and three-mile run during tryouts. During my freshman year of college, I started to run and I have been consistently doing so ever since. I recently ran my first half-marathon.
- What advice do you give people who are coming to the club for the first time?
Ask for help or reach out to any of the professionals to learn about all the great experiences at the club, or just to connect with someone else that has similar interests.
- What advice do you give people who are struggling to make health/fitness/tennis a priority or are getting bored/burned out?
Don’t be afraid to reach out to staff or other members! Elite is a very welcoming community.
- What personal advice do you give someone who is looking to get to a healthier point in their life in general?
If you are getting bored/burned out, find a new type of exercise that you have not tried before.
Do you have an experience with Julia Scopp at the clubs? Perhaps you have your own story you want to share. We want to hear about all the amazing things you’ve accomplished!Share Your Story!