A delicious and easy vegetable combination for summer meals! This simple vegetable bow tie pasta salad recipe is a great way to incorporate your daily servings of veggies right into your main dish. I also love using the bow ties pasta as it is not only great looking but also holds up well.
Prep Time is 20 minutes
Cook Time is 10 minutes
Vegetable Bow Tie Pasta Salad Ingredients:
- 1-lb bunch of asparagus, blanched and cut into 2-inch pieces.
- ¾ lb fresh snow peas, trimmed
- 1-lb box of bow tie pasta
- ¼-cup of fresh parmesan cheese
- ¼-cup extra virgin oil
- 2-Tbsp Champagne vinegar
- Salt and pepper
Vegetable Bow Tie Pasta Salad Directions:
- Cut off ends of asparagus and place in microwave pan with 1-inch of water
- Blanch in the microwave for 2-minutes, until bright green color.
- Remove asparagus and place in bowl for mixing.
- Blanch snow peas in the microwave for 2-minutes, until bright green color.
- Cook pasta on stove in large quart container until almost soft.
- Drain pasta and vegetables from microwave. Add with asparagus.
- Add olive oil and champagne vinegar, salt and pepper and cheese.
- Can be held in the refrigerator until serving. Will be good for 3-5 days.
For ½-cup serving: equal to 55 calories; recipe is also high in potassium, vitamin A and C, and iron. Fiber rich and yet low in calories. Just enjoy!Get more recipes, follow us on Pinterest!
Written by Rita Larsen, RDN, CD; Elite Sports Clubs Nutrition Educator & Diet Counselor
Rita is certified in Positive Psychology, University of Penn; has a BS in Dietetics from Kansas State University; and an Internship and Masters at the Indiana University Medical Center.Schedule a Nutrition Consultation