Stephen Lay is a certified personal trainer at Elite Sports Club-Mequon. If you have fitness goals, Stephen is here to help you achieve them and become the best version of yourself! Learn more about Stephen Lay and his personal training background.
Meet Stephen Lay
- Out of which Elite locations do you conduct training?
I train at Elite Sports Club-Mequon.
- How long have you been a personal trainer and how long have you worked at Elite?
- What made you want to start working as a personal trainer and/or for Elite?
I’m very passionate about fitness and I want to help people become the best version of themselves.
- What is your favorite part about being a personal trainer?
Helping a client achieve their goals.
- What areas of exercise/fitness do you consider to be your specialty?
Strength Training, Weight Loss, Building Muscle, and Sports Performance
- What has been your biggest personal struggle with health/fitness?
Consistency – when I first started my fitness journey, I struggled making fitness a part of my lifestyle.
- What has been your biggest personal accomplishment with health/fitness?
My biggest personal accomplishment in health/fitness was benching 315 pounds.
- What advice do you give people who are starting a workout program for the first time or after a long absence?
Don’t give up! It might not be easy but if you stick with it I promise you won’t regret it.
- What advice do you give people who are struggling to make health/fitness a priority or are getting bored/burned out?
Ask yourself how important your health/fitness is to you. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices in order to reach your fitness goals. If you’re getting bored or burned out, it’s good to try new things. Take an exercise class, try out a sport, change your workout program – it’s important to find something you enjoy.
- What personal advice do you give someone who is looking to get to a healthier point in their life in general?
Find some form of exercise that you genuinely enjoy and make it a part of your lifestyle. Be consistent!
Have you trained with Stephen Lay? Tell us about your experience, or perhaps your own personal health & fitness story!Share Your Story!