Sometimes working out alone is well…lonely! But working out with a friend can be just the motivation to help us not only get into shape, but stick with it long-term. After all, fitness is more fun with friends! So, here’s our “top 5” reasons we like to exercise with a friend.
- Extra Motivation: When you know you “should” work out, but just don’t feel like it, knowing that a friend is waiting for you can be a huge motivator to keep you going and stay faithful to your fitness goals.
- Competitive Spirit: You’d be surprised at how working out with a friend can bring out your competitive side. When you feel ready to give up or skip an exercise, just glancing at your friend working hard beside you can keep you focused.
- Fun Factor: Adding a friend to the mix can make your workout time go by much more quickly. Whether you’re logging time on an elliptical trainer or pushing yourself in a tabata class, working out with a friend makes it that much more fun and before you know it, that hour has flown by.
- Celebrating Your Success: Celebrating your progress alone isn’t as much fun as it is with a buddy. You and your partner can set goals together and celebrate when you’ve met those goals!
- Results: Statistics show that working out with a friend produces greater results than working out alone! If there’s any good reason to work out with a friend, achieving greater success IS!
You should also check out our compounding referral program. If you aren’t currently exercising with a friend, give us a list of buddies who might be interested in exercising with you. We’ll invite them in for a free workout session with you any time. If they join, you’ll be rewarded with FREE CASH on your account! (And it adds up for each new member you refer!)