Heather Harding-Zukewich is an experienced tennis pro at Elite Sports Club-West Brookfield. She loves helping her tennis students young and old develop their skills and passion for the game. Learn about Heather’s tennis experience and her advice for beginner tennis players!
Meet Heather Harding-Zukewich
- What position(s) do you currently hold at Elite and any you have held in the past?
I am a Tennis Professional at Elite Sports Club-West Brookfield.
- How long have you been playing tennis?
I’ve been playing tennis since I was 3 years old.
- What made you want to become a tennis pro?
I learned how to play tennis by playing with family. We would spend our weekends on the court together, and because of that I fell in love with the sport.
- What is your favorite part about your job? About tennis in general?
I love working with students. Being a former educator I truly enjoy helping students learn. I strive to bring enjoyment to each student’s experience while on the court.
- What activities do you participate in at the club or outside of the club besides tennis?
Being a mother of two (ages 3 and 6), most of my free time is shuttling my kids around to their activities (gymnastics, soccer, tennis, as well as school). But when I do have a few moments for myself I enjoy the group ex classes at West Brookfield, biking, camping, and obviously playing tennis.
- How would you encourage someone who is considering tennis for the first time?
Tennis is a lifelong sport. Elite offers some really great opportunities to become involved and learn. Whether it’s joining a beginners class, trying cardio tennis, or scheduling a private lesson, tennis is a sport for everyone. Don’t be scared give it a swing!
- What advice do you give people who are just starting out in tennis?
Are you an experienced tennis player? Have you had a tennis lesson with Heather Harding-Zukewich? Tell us about your experience, or perhaps your own personal tennis story!Share Your Story!