David Pollack is a tennis pro at Elite Sports Club-River Glen. Having recently returned to Elite, he is eager to help our members improve their tennis game, resume their active lifestyles, and most importantly have fun! Learn more about David Pollack and his professional tennis background.
Meet David Pollack
- What position(s) do you currently hold at Elite and any you have held in the past?
I am a Racquet Sports Professional at Elite Sports Club-River Glen.
- How long have you been playing tennis?
I’ve been playing tennis for over 25 years.
- What made you want to become a tennis pro?
I became a tennis pro because of the tremendous impact the game has on improving everyone’s well-being and my own as well.
- What is your favorite part about your job? About tennis in general?
My favorite part is seeing the smiles on people’s faces when they are able to improve different parts of their tennis game. I also enjoy building players’ confidence on and off the court.
- What activities do you participate in at the club or outside of the club besides tennis?
I also like to play Platform Tennis in my free time.
- How would you encourage someone who is considering tennis for the first time?
Tennis is a great way to learn how to deal with mistakes. Very much like life, tennis forces you to learn from mistakes and move forward.
- What advice do you give people who are just starting out in tennis?
Tennis is a game that you will be able to play for the rest of your life. Great way to exercise your body and your mind. Focus on the tennis ball as much as possible and the game will get easier.
Are you an experienced tennis player? Have you had a tennis lesson with David Pollack? Tell us about your experience, or perhaps your own personal tennis story!Share Your Story!