Initially joining as front desk staff, James Warner has now moved to our membership services department at Elite Sports Club-River Glen! James values fitness and an active lifestyle, and shares that passion with our members through his charismatic personality and positive attitude. Get to know James Warner here!
Get to Know James Warner
- What position(s) do you currently hold at Elite and any you have held in the past?
I’m a membership services representative at Elite-River Glen.
- How long have you been working in the health/fitness/tennis industry and how long have you worked at Elite?
I’ve been working at Elite for about 1 1/2 years.
- What made you want to start working in this industry and/or for Elite?
Health and fitness have always been a part of my of life. I made the decision to work in the industry when I felt I started losing that fitness routine I was accustomed to.
- What is your favorite part about your job?
Seeing the members happy with their progress and routines, and enjoying the facility as much as I do.
- What activities do you participate in at the club or outside of the club that are health/fitness/tennis related?
I enjoy pick-up basketball, golf, and swimming.
- What has been your biggest personal struggle with health/fitness/tennis?
Consistency with maintaining a routine.
- What has been your biggest personal accomplishment with health/fitness/tennis?
I was named captain for my NCAA Men’s Lacrosse team.
- What advice do you give people who are coming to the club for the first time?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions and try new classes/machines.
- What advice do you give people who are struggling to make health/fitness/tennis a priority or are getting bored/burned out?
Take a breath, clear your head, and let’s assess the format of your old routine.
- What personal advice do you give someone who is looking to get to a healthier point in their life in general?
It isn’t something that requires a huge change immediately. Focus on one step at a time and you will feel the reward.
We love to tell stories about our staff and our members. If you have a story to share, tell us all about it and we’ll share it on our blog!Share Your Story!