Kristen Wick is a certified yoga instructor at Elite Sports Clubs. Before becoming an instructor, Kristen benefited from the spiritual and physical healing powers of yoga and now shares them with her students. Learn more about Kristen’s yoga teaching experience and what to expect in her classes.
Meet Kristen Wick
- What classes do you currently teach?
I teach Hot Yoga from 5:45 – 6:45 pm every Tuesday at Elite-Brookfield.
- How long have you been teaching group exercise?
I have been teaching exercise classes since 2014.
- What made you want to start teaching group exercise?
I have personally experienced the healing powers of yoga with physical and emotional ailments. I credit the practice to transforming my inner and outer world. If I could feel this good by simply practicing yoga, I knew I had to share this knowledge with others.
- What is your favorite part about teaching your class(es)?
There is something powerful about collective wellness through moving and breathing together on our mats. I love seeing people finish class with a smile or revelation!
- What is your favorite song or style of music to teach to?
- What is your favorite exercise to do in your class?
- How do you stay active outside of your own classes?
Running outside or hiking with my kids.
- What else do you enjoy doing in your free time?
I love reading books.
- What advice do you give people who are coming into your classes for the first time?
Just breathe and smile. It doesn’t have to be so serious, it’s just yoga 🙂
- What personal advice do you give someone who is looking to get to a healthier point in their life?
Focus on small incremental changes that feel sustainable. Most of us are only one or two small habit changes away from living the life we desire.
Have you taken a class with Kristen Wick? Tell us about your experience, or perhaps your own personal health & fitness story!Share Your Story!