Between summer BBQ’s with friends and poolside snacking, you’re probably craving a crispy salty side every now and then. But obviously being the health-conscious person that you are, you’re going with something that is high in vitamin B6 and iron….sweet potato chips that is!
This recipe can easily be transported to a company event or your own backyard picnic! They are salty, crispy, and great served with some ketchup or other healthy dip. And, they only take 15-20 minutes to make! (Not to mention sweet potatoes are on the “clean fifteen” list; read more about that in my previous blog post.)
- 2-large sweet potatoes
- 2-tbsp melted coconut or other vegetable oil
- 2-tsp rosemary; or favorite herb, such as parsley, or tarragon
- 1-tsp garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Peel sweet potato and slice thinly, using either a mandolin or very sharp knife.
- In a large bowl, toss sweet potato slices with the herbs, oil, and salt.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Position on top rack of oven.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes, then flip the chips over and bake for another ten minutes. Watch the chips carefully to avoid any chips starting to brown.
A healthy, CLEAN, simple, and salty snack that’s ready in no time! Let me know how these do at your next summer outing!Get more recipes, follow us on Pinterest!
By Rita Larsen, RD, CD; Elite Sports Clubs Nutrition Educator & Diet Counselor