Some of you may know Christy Beckmann in her role as a member services representative and operations manager at Elite Sports Club – West Brookfield. Others may now know her in another new role as events coordinator for The Quad at Elite Sports Club – River Glen. But then of course many of us have known Christy for a long time as a group exercise instructor as well!
Meet Christy Beckmann:
1. What classes do you currently teach? Barre, Spin/Indoor Cycling, Trek & Train
2. How long have you been teaching group exercise? 25 plus years
3. What made you want to start teaching group exercise? I always participated and enjoyed how the instructors help me, and I wanted do the same for other members.
4. What is your favorite part about teaching your class(es)? I love the social aspect and helping others reach their workout goals.
5. What your favorite song or style of music to teach to? Anything that is motivating!
6. What is your favorite exercise to do in your class? Depends on the class I am teaching. Whatever pushes the participants.
7. How do you stay active outside of your own classes? I bike, run, golf, play tennis and pickleball, and I also hike when I’m vacationing in the mountains.
8. What else do you enjoy doing in your free time? Spending time with my grandchildren. Reading on vacation. Volunteering for different organizations.
9. What advice do you give people who are coming into your classes for the first time?
Listen to your body. You will be taking in a number of directions in class. I always suggest trying a class for at least three times before deciding if it is something you would like to do.
The first time is for information gathering. The second time, you get a little more of a workout. And the third time’s the charm, everything clicks and you start loving what you are doing.
10. What personal advice do you give someone who is looking to get to a healthier point in their life? When you decide to participate in any workout you choose, for that period of time, to be ALL IN!! Don’t do it part way. You made a decision to work out so take that time and focus on your workout. Then enjoy the feeling when you are done. And don’t forget, you’re never too old to get started!
Have you taken a class with Christy Beckmann or worked with her in some other capacity through her MANY roles at the clubs? Tell us about your experience!Share Your Story!