If you’re looking for some friendly conversation or a recommendation on a fitness program, stop by the Elite-Brookfield front desk most mornings to chat with Karen Bruckner! Karen is quite familiar with the friendly faces of the Elite community and is a huge advocate for camaraderie among our members. Learn more about Karen Bruckner!
Get to Know Karen Bruckner
- What position(s) do you currently hold at Elite and any you have held in the past?
I am the Front Desk Manager at Elite Sports Club – Brookfield.
- How long have you been working in the health/fitness/tennis industry and how long have you worked at Elite?
I have worked at Elite for 17 years.
- What made you want to start working in this industry and/or for Elite?
I hugely believe in fitness for all. I have gotten to know a lot of people over the years and love the community here at Elite.
- What is your favorite part about your job?
My favorite part is the people I get to meet. I enjoy seeing familiar faces and meeting new members!
- What activities do you participate in at the club or outside of the club that are health/fitness/tennis related?
I enjoy running, swimming, boot camp classes, and boating.
- What has been your biggest personal struggle with health/fitness/tennis?
The hardest part is trying to fit everything into my schedule.
- What has been your biggest personal accomplishment with health/fitness/tennis?
When it comes to my role here at Elite, I try to get to know people as best I can. That way I can encourage them to achieve their fitness goals and also help them feel a part of the community as a whole. There’s so much that Elite offers and I want people to experience all the wonderful features.
- What advice do you give people who are coming to the club for the first time?
Get to know the other members, don’t be afraid to try everything, and ask employees questions. Lastly, have fun and make it a part of your day. Don’t be afraid to do things for yourself here!
- What advice do you give people who are struggling to make health/fitness/tennis a priority or are getting bored/burned out?
Attach yourself to a class or group. It’s a great way to establish a healthy routine/habit. Don’t be afraid to ask around or talk to me at the desk. I truly believe everyone has time and can find something that suits them, no matter their fitness level.
- What personal advice do you give someone who is looking to get to a healthier point in their life in general?
Again, connect yourself to a group or class. Meet people and you will find enjoyment in exercising. Consider it a gift to yourself. If you need an extra boost of motivation, join me in a class!
Have you interacted with Karen Bruckner at the front desk? Tell us about your club experience, or perhaps your own personal health & fitness story!Share Your Story!