Maria Cartagenova is a certified Zumba instructor at Elite Sports Clubs. Learn more about Maria and how you can get more involved in Zumba classes in Milwaukee!
Meet Maria Cartagenova
- What classes do you currently teach?
I teach Aqua Zumba on Saturdays from 8:45-9:30 am at Elite-Brookfield, and on Thursdays from 9:45-10:45 am and on Sundays from 9:30-10:15 am at Elite-River Glen. I also teach traditional Zumba on Thursdays from 9:45-10:45 am at Elite-North Shore.
- How long have you been teaching group exercise?
I have been teaching exercise classes for over 13 years.
- What made you want to start teaching group exercise?
Seeing my instructors enjoyed teaching made me want to do it. It is fun to work out with a group. Teaching makes me happy and healthy.
- What is your favorite part about teaching your class(es)?
To see the group happy moving and enjoying the music.
- What is your favorite song or style of music to teach to?
We frequently dance to Latin music in Zumba.
- What is your favorite exercise to do in your class?
- How do you stay active outside of your own classes?
I exercise with a personal trainer as well as go for walks.
- What else do you enjoy doing in your free time?
I love cooking.
- What advice do you give people who are coming into your classes for the first time?
Work on your own pace and have fun.
- What personal advice do you give someone who is looking to get to a healthier point in their life?
I will say look for a workout that brings you joy. If you enjoy what you are doing, it will be easier to do it.
Have you taken a class with Maria Cartagenova? Tell us about your experience, or perhaps your own personal health & fitness story!Share Your Story!