Nearly 2 years ago, I took my first steps into Elite North Shore as a member. As a Passport Member, I’ve had the chance to visit all of the Elite Clubs. I’ve come to find that each one has their own “personality” that make them unique, and together, Elite becomes this wonderful community where staff, instructors, and members work together to make positive experiences, and achieve goals!
In just a couple of years, I have become stronger, healthier and even a happier person. While fitness was a big part of this, it is the people that I have met and worked with that make Elite so great! So, in celebration of Elite turning 30, I’ve made a list of my 30 favorite things about Elite!
- Paul Alexander’s spin class at Elite North Shore
- Running into someone who I haven’t seen in years
- Swim Fit with Joe at Elite Mequon
- The wonderful parties and events put on by playroom staff
- Hot Yoga Class at Elite North Shore
- Nicole’s Pound Class at Elite River Glen
- The pool scene in July at Elite River Glen.
- All of the wonderful women I have met through classes
- Being able to drop off my kids in the playroom while I do work, or just sit and drink coffee
- Kennedy Dance Company’s classes for kids! Miss Carolyn is amazing!
- Melissa Radmer’s Pilates Fusion class at Elite West Brookfield
- Elite’s annual Team Weight Loss Challenge—I lost 4 lbs, and gained a whole new way of eating!
- Watching my toddler grow up and make friends with other Elite kids
- Picking up a tennis racquet after 15 years and taking an awesome lesson with Jeff Aranda
- Losing nearly 20lbs in a little over a year
- The first time I did a “Side Crow” in yoga class
- Being in the best shape of my life, even after kids!
- Knowing when I have a bad day, it’s nothing that a Kickboxing class can’t take care of!
- Learning that Susie’s HIIT class at Elite Brookfield is proof that a good workout can also be fun
- Watching my daughter become a more confident swimmer through Elite’s Swim Lesson Program
- Knowing that I’m setting a good example for my kids by making my health a priority
- The smoothies at Elite Mequon!
- Alex’s Fix class at Elite North Shore —especially when I’ve had too many carbs the week before
- Watching my daughter’s tennis lesson from the balcony at Elite Mequon
- Taking my kids to the warm pool at Elite RiverGlen to swim, even if it is 17 degrees outside
- Parent’s Night Out events! Kids have a blast with their friends while parents get a night out!
- The Virtual Classes at Elite River Glen. You’ve got to try it!
- The variety of classes offered. From Pound to Spin, there is literally something for everyone!
- Becoming strong enough to run my first 5K on the fly—and making decent time!
- Learning that fitness is a journey, and I’ve just begun to see what I am capable of accomplishing!
What do YOU love about Elite Sports Clubs? Send us your list and we’ll share it here on the blog too!Share Your Story!
Writer, marketer and mom, Susan Madden, has a background working with the Fine Arts in Dallas, TX and Milwaukee, WI. Relatively new to the fitness industry, she enjoys sharing her experiences about the craziness that is parenting and wellness from a novice perspective. She is a native of Whitefish Bay, WI and now resides in Mequon, WI with her husband Mike and children, Samantha and Blake.