You’ve been going to the gym everyday, you’ve been drinking plenty of water, and getting plenty of sleep, but you just can’t kick your unhealthy diet. You love your cupcakes, your pasta, and your chips. We say you can have your cake and eat it too with these fun, yummy, and simple food swaps!
You really want a cupcake (or cake in general)…so make these muffins instead!
- Strawberry Short Cake Muffins – It’s like cheesecake without the calories!
- Skinny Peanut Butter Chocolate Muffins – Who needs a peanut butter cup when you can enjoy this healthy alternative!
- Apple Streusel Muffins – Bye bye apple pie and hello gorgeous, delicious, and easy muffins!
- Maple Peanut Butter Fudge Muffins – Only 5 ingredients. Only 120 calories.
Love Italian food? Who doesn’t!? But pasta can be hard on the diet. So why not try Veggetti! Veggetti is essentially vegetable spaghetti (something we love at Elite). So, instead of using regular pasta noodles, you create the noodles with vegetables like zucchini or sweet potatoes.
- Shaved Asparagus and Sausage Sweet Potato Noodle Pasta – A delicious way to get your veggies in for the day!
- Cacio E Pepe – Make every night date night with this romantic zucchini pasta recipe. BONUS- this recipe has bacon in it. Win Win.
- Zucchini Noodle Pad Thai – Everyone loves a good pad thai.
- Spinach Pesto And Butternut Squash Pasta – All the yum, none of the pasta guilt.
You’ve had a long hard day, all you want to do is hang on the couch with a bag of chips. Well let’s satisfy that crunchy/salty craving with a healthy alternative.
- Rose Petal Chips – this yummy snack is made from beets. You can bake or fry, whichever you prefer!
- Turnip The Disco Fries – Made with turnips, gravy (yes), and cheese (yes) this snack is super easy, super delicious, and short on calories.
- Asparagus Fries – This recipe also includes dipping sauces to pair!
- Low Carb Chili Doritos – Put down that bag of nacho cheese chips and give these a try!
Whether you’re craving sweet, hearty, or salty, put your mind over your stomach and give these simple food swaps a whirl! You’ll satisfy that pesky craving AND get a healthy snack or meal out of it.Get more recipes, follow us on Pinterest!