Meet Tommy Lamers, the new membership services representative at Elite Sports Club-North Shore. As an Elite member before joining our team, Tommy knows the importance of maintaining a healthy lifestyle, and wants to share that with the other members. Learn more about Tommy’s background here!
Get to Know Tommy Lamers
- What position(s) do you currently hold at Elite and any you have held in the past?
I’m a membership services representative at Elite-North Shore.
- How long have you been working in the health/fitness/tennis industry and how long have you worked at Elite?
This is my first position in the fitness or tennis industry, and I started at the beginning of July 2021.
- What made you want to start working in this industry and/or for Elite?
Having been going to Elite for about a year, I know how important this club is for the health and well-being of its members. I always considered Elite to be my “happy place,” and when this opportunity presented itself, I knew it was a perfect fit for me as I love being surrounded by members with similar fitness goals to my own.
- What is your favorite part about your job?
Being surrounded by dedicated members who have a goal to improve their bodies, well-being, and lifestyle!
- What activities do you participate in at the club or outside of the club that are health/fitness/tennis related?
I like to do yoga, play golf, shoot hoops, swim, and work out.
- What has been your biggest personal struggle with health/fitness/tennis?
Trying to overcome some aches and pains – they are no fun! I try to stretch as often as I can.
- What has been your biggest personal accomplishment with health/fitness/tennis?
Running a 5k! I was never a runner but I decided I wanted to try a 5k so I trained for a few weeks and successfully did it.
- What advice do you give people who are coming to the club for the first time?
Don’t be afraid to try new things in the club. Take a yoga class if you never have before, or utilize a ball machine on the tennis courts to get you extra swings!
- What advice do you give people who are struggling to make health/fitness/tennis a priority or are getting bored/burned out?
Commit to a fitness lifestyle and you won’t regret it! You’ll feel happier, healthier, and excited to do more.
- What personal advice do you give someone who is looking to get to a healthier point in their life in general?
You only have one body. Try to take care of it as best you can!
We love to tell stories about our staff and our members. If you have a story to share, tell us all about it and we’ll share it on our blog!Share Your Story!