Looking for a challenging, yet rewarding spin class? Look no further, Kristen’s the instructor for you! Kristen’s style of instruction focuses on rhythm riding, which is an energetic and fun way to incorporate music into the workout itself. Learn all about Kristen and her classes here!
Meet Kristen Marticke
- What classes do you currently teach?
I teach spin class every Wednesday at 10:15am and every Thursday at 6:00pm at Elite-Mequon.
- How long have you been teaching group exercise?
I started teaching group exercise in September 2019.
- What made you want to start teaching group exercise?
I had a strong desire to teach and wanted to bring a “rhythm ride” style spin class to the club. Rhythm riding is when you match your cycling pace with the beat of the music.
- What is your favorite part about teaching your class(es)?
I love seeing people getting into the music that I’ve chosen for each class and working hard to accomplish goals. It’s very rewarding as an instructor to see others achieve their goals.
- What is your favorite song or style of music to teach to?
My favorite genres of music for spin are hip-hop, dance, and pop because they’re upbeat and great for rhythm riding!
- What is your favorite exercise to do in your class?
- How do you stay active outside of your own classes?
Running, downhill skiing, and playing with my two kids.
- What else do you enjoy doing in your free time?
I enjoy spending time with my family outdoors and having a glass of wine with girlfriends!
- What advice do you give people who are coming into your classes for the first time?
Always remember it’s YOUR ride! I’m only here to guide.
- What personal advice do you give someone who is looking to get to a healthier point in their life?
Push for your best each day and results will come!
Have you taken a class with Kristen Marticke? Tell us about your experience, or perhaps your own personal health & fitness story!Share Your Story!