Try this recipe for your family tonight. Far fewer calories and fat, but still has that familiar old fashioned taste!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 6-8 servings
Cook Time: 25 minutes in oven
- 1-package (12 oz.) pasta of choice
- 3-Tbsp. margarine or butter
- 3-Tbsp. dry mustard
- 3-l/2-cups skim milk
- 3-cups (12 oz.) low-fat cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In medium saucepan, over medium heat, melt margarine; stir in flour and mustard. Gradually stir in milk, cook and stir until mixture is bubbling. Remove from heat.
- Add 1-1/2 cups cheese; stir until melted. Stir in pasta.
- Place into a greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Top with remaining 1-1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake 25 minutes or until bubbly at 375 degrees.
For 1-cup servings: Calories 207, protein 17.01g, carbohydrates 45g, fat 6.2g, fiber 2.6g, and sodium 763mg.Get more recipes, follow us on Pinterest!
By Rita Larsen, RDN; Elite Sports Clubs Nutrition Educator & Diet Counselor