Prep Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 27 mins
Yield: 1 pizza
About This Recipe:
This is a great option if you are getting sick of plain old salad and need to liven it up a bit. I tasted this in a restaurant in Italy that suggested putting salad and pizza together. Today, eaters enjoy this combination to increase the taste of salad greens and still get the pizza they love. Great for a light summer meal. -Rita Larsen, RD; Elite Sports Clubs Nutrition Counselor
- 1 (10 ounce) packages prepared pizza crust
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 5 cups romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pitted ripe olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Roll out dough into desired shape.
- Press garlic over dough and spread.
- Sprinkle with oregano and basil.
- Place on bottom rack of oven for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- While crust is cooking, place lettuce, onion, tomato, olives, and dressing into a large bowl and toss to coat.
- When you remove the crust from the oven, immediately sprinkle with mozzarella and 1/2 of the parmesan cheeses.
- While still warm top with salad mixture.
- Use remaining cheese to top salad.
- Serve immediately.
For more recipes like the one above, follow our nutrition blog posts or get started in a nutrition program with our registered dietitian.