Elite welcomes Deborah Cohen-Smith to its already immensely talented roster of group exercise instructors. Find out what classes she teaches and how you can join in the fun!
Meet Deborah Cohen-Smith
- What classes do you currently teach?
I currently teach Les Mills CXWORX.
- How long have you been teaching group exercise?
I’ve been teaching group exercise classes for over 9 years now.
- What made you want to start teaching group exercise?
I always loved being a participant in group exercise classes. I thought what better way to channel my passion than to become a teacher myself.
- What is your favorite part about teaching your class(es)?
I love connecting with the people that attend my classes. Whether you’re a regular or a new face, I welcome you to join. I try to make everyone feel comfortable. If you have a question, feel free to ask or just come say hello!
- What is your favorite song or style of music to teach to?
Les Mills classes are already set to the most popular music, but I enjoy pop music because it’s upbeat and gets you moving.
- What is your favorite exercise to do in your class?
I love anything cardio to get that heart rate up and burn those calories!
- How do you stay active outside of your own classes?
I attend other group exercise classes, work on my own routine, run on the elliptical, and go for walks.
- What else do you enjoy doing in your free time?
I enjoy watching movies and crafting.
- What advice do you give people who are coming into your classes for the first time?
Elite offers so many great options in terms of group exercise. I’d encourage you to try all of them! If you are uncomfortable or hesitant to try, ask questions. Start out slow and listen to your body, and most importantly have fun!
- What personal advice do you give someone who is looking to get to a healthier point in their life?
Set manageable goals. That way you don’t get discouraged by falling short. Make lifestyle changes that are sustainable over time.
Have you taken a class with Deborah Cohen-Smith? Tell us about your experience, or perhaps your own personal health & fitness story!Share Your Story!