If you read our post from last week, you’ll know that most of us probably aren’t getting enough vegetables in our diet on a daily basis. This creamy asparagus soup recipe is a great way to help up your veggie intake and is good to have prepped for a busy day.
Creamy Asparagus Soup Recipe
Makes 10, 1- cup servings
Preparation Time: 20-minutes
Cooking Time: 20-minutes
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 lb. asparagus, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1-1/2 cup low-fat milk
- Lemon zest to taste
- Pepper to taste
- In a large pot on high heat, combine the potatoes, asparagus, onion, celery, and water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until veggies are tender, about 15-minutes. Stir in butter.
- In a bowl whisk flour and milk. Pour mixture into the pot, stirring constantly.
- Increase heat to medium-high and continue to stir until soup is thick, about 5-minutes. Remove from heat and season with lemon zest and pepper.
Per 1-cup serving: 145 calories, 23 gCarbohydrates, 6 g Protein, 71 mg Sodium, and 5 g Fiber.Get more recipes, follow us on Pinterest!
Written by Rita Larsen, RDN, CD; Guest Contributor
Rita is certified in Positive Psychology, the University of Penn; has a BS in Dietetics from Kansas State University; and an Internship and Masters at the Indiana University Medical Center.Schedule a Nutrition Consultation