This fruit salad contains a number of fruits high in antioxidants, especially berries of all varieties, such as, blackberries, strawberries, and raspberries. In addition, it has a tasty fruit-based dressing with orange juice and honey and topped with an excellent cinnamon granola mixture.
Country Fruit Stand Salad
Country Fruit Stand Salad gets its sparkling taste from a marinade of a combo of ginger ale, orange juice and honey. This unbeatable trio of flavors turns an ordinary fruit salad recipe into something special.
Preparation Time: 35 min
What You’ll Need:
- 1 medium to large cantaloupe, cut in half, seeds and rind removed
- 1 medium to large honeydew melon, cut in half, seeds and rind removed
- 1 medium to large pineapple, top removed, sliced into quarters, rind and core removed
- 1 quart strawberries, washed and hulled (tops removed)
- 3/4 cup ginger ale
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup granola
What To Do:
- Cut cantaloupe, honeydew, and pineapple into bite-sized pieces; place in a large bowl.
- Cut strawberries in half (or in quarters, if they’re large); add to other fruit.
- In a small bowl, combine ginger ale, orange juice, and honey; mix well. Add to fruit; mix well.
- Allow fruit to “marry” for 15 to 20 minutes before serving. Serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to use.
- Just before serving, sprinkle each serving with a bit of granola.
The number of servings this makes will depend upon the size of the fruit you use.
By Rita Larsen, Elite Sports Clubs Registered Dietitian & Nutrition Counselor