Melissa Fassbender is the Front Desk Manager at Elite Sports Club-North Shore. Learn more about Melissa and her advice on getting the most out of the club!
Get to Know Melissa Fassbender
- What position(s) do you currently hold at Elite and any you have held in the past?
I am the Front Desk Manager at Elite-North Shore, having worked several years at the front desk at North Shore and River Glen, and have also previously worked in the playroom.
- How long have you been working in the health/fitness/tennis industry and how long have you worked at Elite?
I have worked at Elite for 6 years.
- What made you want to start working in this industry and/or for Elite?
I started working for Elite as my first job in high school when I turned 16, and have worked there ever since because of how much enjoyed the job.
- What is your favorite part about your job?
Being able to help the members out if they have any questions and the relationships that you build with all of the members that come into the club. I also love working with such great staff at Elite.
- What activities do you participate in at the club or outside of the club that are health/fitness/tennis related?
The activities I enjoy participating in most are swimming, and going on walks or runs with my dog.
- What has been your biggest personal struggle with health/fitness/tennis?
Definitely maintaining healthy eating habits on a daily basis.
- What has been your biggest personal accomplishment with health/fitness/tennis?
I was on a competitive swim team for years and participated in swim meets every few weeks. I’m glad that after no longer being on the team, I still incorporate swimming into my workout routine.
- What advice do you give people who are coming to the club for the first time?
Try out the many different activities that the club has to offer and get help from any of the staff members if you have any questions. Each department is extremely knowledgeable and helpful!
- What advice do you give people who are struggling to make health/fitness/tennis a priority or are getting bored/burned out?
Try out a group exercise class that you’ve never done before, take tennis lessons, or work out with a personal trainer. These can all switch up your current routine, and help you find an even better routine that suits you to help keep you motivated.
- What personal advice do you give someone who is looking to get to a healthier point in their life in general?
Find an exercise that you really love doing, and incorporate it into your weekly schedule to be sure that you’re staying active.
We love to tell stories about our staff and our members. If you have a story to share, tell us all about it and we’ll share it on our blog!Share Your Story!