Here is a side dish that will add color and flavor to any picnic or barbecue plate coming up for summer! The nice part about this Picnic Confetti Rice Salad Recipe is the fact that you will probably already have all the ingredients on hand just about any time you want to make the dish.
Picnic Confetti Rice Salad Recipe
Prep Time: 15-minutes
Chill Time: 1-hour
- 1-(15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-(15 oz) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2-cup cold cooked rice
- 2-tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4-cup sliced scallions
- 2-cloves garlic, minced
- 2-Tbsp chopped fresh Italian flat leaf parsley
- 1/4-cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2-Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/8-tsp hot chili pepper sauce
- 1-tsp salt
- 1/8-tsp pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the beans and rice, mix well.
- Next, in a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Fold tomato mixture into bean mixture.
- Refrigerate at least 1-hour before serving.
Healthy, tasty, and easy to prepare! You will get it all with this Picnic Confetti Rice Salad Recipe!Get more recipes, follow us on Pinterest!
Written by Rita Larsen, RDN, CD; Guest Contributor
Rita is certified in Positive Psychology, the University of Penn; has a BS in Dietetics from Kansas State University; and an Internship and Masters at the Indiana University Medical Center.Schedule a Nutrition Consultation