Elegant, yet easy with leftover roast beef pieces. It is a crowd pleaser and comes out of the oven in just minutes.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 5 minutes
- 8 oz. leftover roast beef, trimmed; or beef tenderloin
- 4-large Kaiser buns, sliced
- 4-slices of Colby Jack cheese
- Spiced mustard
- Mild barbecue sauce
- 1/2 fresh red pepper, sliced thin
- Prep roast beef by trimming off any fats or tough edges.
- Prep rolls by cutting in half; laying open on cookie sheet.
- Place roast beef and red pepper slices on one side of bun.
- On opposite side, spread spiced mustard and barbecue sauce.
- Add cheese slices equally.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes.
324 total calories, 17.5g fat, 9.7g saturated fat, 24.5g protein, 45.3g carbohydrates, high in iron and calcium.Get more recipes, follow us on Pinterest!
Written by Rita Larsen, RDN, CD; Elite Sports Clubs Nutrition Educator & Diet Counselor
Rita is certified in Positive Psychology, University of Penn; has a BS in Dietetics from Kansas State University; and an Internship and Masters at the Indiana University Medical Center.Schedule a Nutrition Consultation