We welcome our new water aerobics instructor, Laura Lennie, to Elite-Mequon! Learn more about Laura’s classes, how she stays fit outside of teaching, and some helpful tips for our members.
Meet Laura Lennie
- What classes do you currently teach?
I currently teach H20 Blast (aka water aerobics).
- How long have you been teaching group exercise?
I’ve been teaching group exercise classes for 10 years.
- What made you want to start teaching group exercise?
I enjoy helping other people live a healthy lifestyle.
- What is your favorite part about teaching your class(es)?
Making friends with the participants is my favorite part about teaching. Elite is such a welcoming and social environment.
- What is your favorite song or style of music to teach to?
70’s and disco music!
- What is your favorite exercise to do in your class?
Suspended water exercises
- How do you stay active outside of your own classes?
I work out in the fitness center, walk my dog, garden, hike, and ski.
- What else do you enjoy doing in your free time?
I garden, volunteer at the Ozaukee Humane Society, hike with my family, and enjoy watching my daughters at their competitive swim meets.
- What advice do you give people who are coming into your classes for the first time?
Keep moving and have fun!
- What personal advice do you give someone who is looking to get to a healthier point in their life?
Do a variety of activities, find something you enjoy doing. It doesn’t always have to be high intensity.
Have you taken a class with Laura Lennie? Tell us about your experience, or perhaps your own personal health & fitness story!Share Your Story!