Danielle Hawi is a certified group exercise instructor at Elite Sports Clubs. Learn why Danielle made the switch from class participant to instructor, and her advice on staying motivated.
Meet Danielle Hawi
- What classes do you currently teach?
- How long have you been teaching group exercise?
I have been teaching exercise classes for over 3 years.
- What made you want to start teaching group exercise?
I loved the fun, encouraging environment of being a participant in a class. I became an instructor myself because I wanted to bring that motivation to others.
- What is your favorite part about teaching your class(es)?
Seeing the participants come back each week and improve mentally & physically.
- What is your favorite song or style of music to teach to?
Anything upbeat! I’ve found Lady Gaga has some awesome upbeat tracks.
- What is your favorite exercise to do in your class?
- How do you stay active outside of your own classes?
I recently got a puppy, a Yorkipoo named Indie, which keeps me active. Since quarantine I’ve been walking, biking, rarely running, and playing tennis.
- What else do you enjoy doing in your free time?
One hobby of mine is to paint with acrylics. I also am part of a small book club to force me to read more. I am learning to enjoy it!
- What advice do you give people who are coming into your classes for the first time?
I encourage you to come talk/introduce yourself to me before class. I can give more detail on the class format and what you’ll need. Also, adjust the workout to your needs. I’ll give options and modifications throughout class to help you find their rhythm. Of course, have fun, too!
- What personal advice do you give someone who is looking to get to a healthier point in their life?
That’s a tough question since there a many different ways to lead a healthy life. Generally, I would say celebrate the small achievements like signing up for a class and showing up. By merely showing up for an exercise class, you’ve already shown you’re looking to be healthier.
Have you taken a class with Danielle Hawi? Tell us about your experience, or perhaps your own personal health & fitness story!Share Your Story!