So your little tennis prodigy is all signed-up and pumped-up for their first day at our Junior Tennis Program QuickStart right? If not, there’s still time to register here.
It’s almost like the first day of school all over again
And just like the first day of school, there are a few things you probably want to know before you send them on their way (ahhh… peace and quiet…you almost forgot what that was, didn’t you?).
Here’s a short list of tips for your Junior’s first day:
- Don’t Be Tardy to the Party! Arrive at least 15 minutes early for check-in at the front desk (there might be a little extra paperwork for you to fill out)
- Tag Along! If your junior tennis star is 10 or under, please come along for the first day
- Dress For Success. To play like a tennis pro, you have to dress like one. That includes:
- Tennis shoes (no black soles, please)
- Athletic clothing that’s comfortable and easy to maneuver in around the court. If they’re in QuickStart II or higher, make sure they have pockets
- Water or a sports beverage (remember hydration is critical)
- Make Some Racquet. Having a good tennis racquet, – the correct size and weight for your athlete – is a key component to their developing a proper swing.
- Dazed and Confused. Not sure where to start when it comes to buying a tennis racquet? You can consult one of our Tennis Pros – they’ve got the knowledge and knowhow to help you pick the best one.
- We’ve Got You Covered. If your child is in the QuickStart program but doesn’t have a tennis racquet for the first day of class, no worries, we’ll provide one!
- Rent-A-Swag. Junior tennis players do need to have a tennis racquet for the first day of class. If you don’t have one yet, you can rent one here at Elite Sports Club.
Remember, if you haven’t signed your tennis tot or junior up for the Elite Sports Club QuickStart or Junior Tennis Programs there’s still time! The current session runs until November 23rd and Session II begins November 24th.
We look forward to seeing you and your tennis stars soon!