At Elite Sports Clubs you’ll often find that many of our certified personal trainers are also group exercise instructors. That’s one of the values of Elite, you’re getting highly educated and skilled instruction from a trainer, but at a group exercise class price—free! Today we’d like to showcase another one of our great personal trainers/group exercise instructors, Craig Charlton of Elite Sports Club – River Glen.
Meet Craig Charlton:
1. What classes do you currently teach?
I currently teach Simple Senior Strength at Elite River Glen.
2. How long have you been teaching group exercise?
I have been personal training for years, but just recently started teaching group exercise classes.
3. What made you want to start teaching group exercise?
I enjoy helping people through exercise and group exercise does this.
4. What is your favorite part about teaching your class(es)?
I get to help seniors when others might think that they cannot efficiently exercise anymore.
5. What your favorite song or style of music to teach to?
6. What is your favorite exercise to do in your class?
Standing up and down from a chair.
7. How do you stay active outside of your own classes?
I workout 4-5 times per week in the gym as well as play soccer.
8. What else do you enjoy doing in your free time?
Watching movies and hanging out with my wife.
9. What advice do you give people who are coming into your classes for the first time?
Take it easy, don’t worry if you can’t do everything in class today and I’m here to help.
10. What personal advice do you give someone who is looking to get to a healthier point in their life?
START. Find something you enjoy and get started (set some goals).
Have you ever taken a class with Craig Charlton or do you work with him as your personal trainer? Tell us about your experience in the comments below, or submit your own story!Share Your Story!