“I need to lose weight in 3 weeks for …”
“I want to get rid of my belly fat as quickly as possible…”
”I need to lose 25 lb in 4 weeks for this coming event…”
There’s a common theme here…other than the obvious time factor…they’re all fleeting thoughts. They are not real goals. This is why so many people that embark on a weight loss journey fail.
Fleeting thoughts are like criticisms. Anyone can criticize, it’s easy and takes no effort. People who criticize are too afraid to put themselves in situations where they can fail. And that’s why they never succeed.
I already know that people who have unrealistic expectations (and demands) aren’t in it for real. They’re just merely voicing their temporary thoughts.
It’s easy to quit when you don’t invest anything into it.
If you want to achieve a goal…any goal…you need to put in the time and effort. It’s simple math.
Of course most of us don’t have that much time to dedicate to a specific goal, BUT I’m not talking 10,000 hours to become an expert. I’m merely talking about putting in the necessary amount of work it takes to achieve your goal. Some goals may take longer than others, but the bottom line is, you NEED to put time and effort to make it happen.
Before you ever take any physical steps towards your goal, here are 5 questions you need to ask yourself.
- Is this just another fleeting thought? Are you really serious about making a change?
- Are you willing to take the time needed to achieve your goal?
- Are you willing to give it your best effort, no matter what the outcome may be?
- If things don’t work out the way you planned it (…because often times they don’t) are you going to quit? Or are you willing to find a way to make it work?
- How many times are you willing to fail before you succeed?
These are some thought provoking questions that you should ask yourself, if you really want to achieve something great.
Need a little help jump starting your journey to greatness? A free consultation with a fitness specialist and personalized plan could help.Get your own personalized plan!
By Scott Eigenberg, Member Services Representative at Elite Sports Club-Brookfield