Here at Elite Sports Clubs, we love highlighting our instructors. It is important as a community to show their inspirations, what they teach, and get a little personal as well. Here, we introduce another long-time instructor of Zumba, Kettlebell Circuit, and Barre; Adriana Gonzalez.
Meet Adriana Gonzalez
- What classes do you currently teach? – I currently teach Zumba, Kettlebell Circuit and Barre 30.
- How long have you been teaching group exercise? – I have taught for 8 years.
- What made you want to start teaching group exercise? – After attending a Zumba class at Elite Sports Club – Brookfield, the group exercise director approached me. She then asked me if would consider getting Zumba certified and teach at the club. I love to dance so I immediately said yes.
Adriana’s Teaching and Exercise Styles
- What is your favorite part about teaching your class(es)? – My favorite part about teaching is to see the interaction among the members. I love to hear them sing along and to see that they are having fun while exercising!
- What is your favorite song or style of music to teach to? – My favorite style of music to teach (Zumba) is Latin fusion which combines Latin rhythms with music from around the world.
- What is your favorite exercise to do in your class? – My favorite exercise to do in class (Kettlebell) is definitely the deadlift. It builds total-body strength. When executed correctly, it can strengthen your back, claves, quads, hamstrings, glutes, core, and forearms.
- How do you stay active outside of your own classes? – I go to the club and practice Yoga and Pilates. I also attend (whenever I can) other instructor’s kettlebell and Zumba classes.
- What else do you enjoy doing in your free time? – I enjoy traveling, reading, cooking, and spending time with friends and family.
- What advice do you give people who are coming into your classes for the first time? – My advice to people who come to my classes for the first time is to be kind to their bodies and be patient. Nobody is perfect, their dancing skills (Zumba, Barre 30), exercise execution and form (Kettlebell, Barre 30) will improve with time and practice.
- What personal advice do you give to someone who is looking to get to a healthier point in their life? – My personal advice for a healthier life is to be active and eat a balanced diet. Exercise is an extremely important factor in staying healthy and eating a balanced diet keeps the body strong and healthy.
Have you taken a class with Adriana Gonzalez? Tell us about your experience with her, or perhaps your own personal story!
[maxbutton id=”12″ ]