CJ Grahn is a certified personal trainer at Elite Sports Club-North Shore and River Glen. He is focused on helping others achieve their fitness goals one step at a time. Learn all about CJ Grahn and his personal training background!
Meet CJ Grahn
- Out of which Elite locations do you conduct training?
- How long have you been a personal trainer and how long have you worked at Elite?
I have been a personal trainer since 2019 and have been working with Elite since 2019.
- What made you want to start working as a personal trainer and/or for Elite?
I knew I wanted to be a personal trainer when I was helping some of my college roommates lose some weight. It made me feel really good watching them achieve their goals and I wanted to continue to help others achieve their fitness goals.
- What is your favorite part about being a personal trainer?
Seeing my clients achieve something that they never thought was possible.
- What areas of exercise/fitness do you consider to be your specialty?
My specialty is working with sports performance, kids/athletes, and weight loss.
- What has been your biggest personal struggle with health/fitness?
My biggest struggle has been my diet. I find myself ordering take out every other night.
- What has been your biggest personal accomplishment with health/fitness?
My biggest personal accomplishment with health/fitness was playing Division III football and staying injury free for 4 years.
- What advice do you give people who are starting a workout program for the first time or after a long absence?
- What advice do you give people who are struggling to make health/fitness a priority or are getting bored/burned out?
Do your workout backwards. It is a nice refresher to the nervous system to do exercises out of order.
- What personal advice do you give someone who is looking to get to a healthier point in their life in general?
Do not drastically change your lifestyle in the beginning. It takes time to build a habit, so take it one step at a time and gradually incorporate healthier alternatives into your life.
Have you trained with CJ Grahn? Tell us about your experience, or perhaps your own personal health & fitness story!Share Your Story!