Rick Vetter is an experienced USPTA Master Tennis Professional at Elite Sports Club-North Shore
. For over 45 years, Rick has been coaching tennis youth with the same amount of passion as he did when he first started. Read on to learn more about Rick Vetter!
Meet Rick Vetter
- What position(s) do you currently hold at Elite and any you have held in the past?
I am a USPTA Master Tennis Professional at Elite-North Shore
- How long have you been playing tennis?
I’ve been playing since age 11. I have been teaching and coaching tennis for over 45 years.
- What made you want to become a tennis pro?
I became a tennis pro to teach
and inspire the game I love in today’s young players
. It’s a great opportunity to pass on what I’ve learned over my career.
- What is your favorite part about your job? About tennis in general?
My favorite part is trying to make a difference in the lives of my students.
- What activities do you participate in at the club or outside of the club besides tennis?
Tennis is my vocation and avocation. However, when I’m not playing tennis, I like to use the fitness center to train.
- How would you encourage someone who is considering tennis for the first time?
Tennis is easy for anyone to start playing, whether you’re a kid or an adult
. I’d recommend joining a class with other beginners or take a private lesson with one of our many talented tennis pros. We’ll help you get a feel for the game
, learn fundamentals, and of course make it fun!
- What advice do you give people who are just starting out in tennis?
Tennis is the sport of a lifetime so enjoy the journey/process. It takes time to develop skills and there’s always something you can work on. Practice with your peers, hit off the ball machine, or take an individual lesson to improve all the aspects of your game. See you on the court!
Are you an experienced tennis player? Have you had a tennis lesson with Rick Vetter? Tell us about your experience, or perhaps your own personal tennis story! SaveSave SaveSave SaveSave SaveSave SaveSaveSaveSave SaveSave