: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/eliteclubs/public_html/wp-content/plugins/maxbuttons/classes/button.php
on line 115
Phoebe Milner is a swim instructor at Elite Sports Club – Mequon
. Phoebe feels swimming is an essential life skill and loves to help children and adults develop their swimming technique. Learn more about Phoebe Milner!
Meet Phoebe Milner
- What position(s) do you currently hold at Elite and any you have held in the past?
- How long have you been a member/working at Elite?
I’ve been working at Elite for a combined total of two and a half years.
- How long have you been a swimmer? Did you take swim lessons?
I started taking swimming lessons
when I was four, and began swimming competitively (with the YMCA) in Middle School. I was on swim team for five years.
- What made you want to become an aquatics instructor?
I first joined Aquatics in high school, and I have been involved ever since, despite graduating from college and starting a different career. I am passionate about Aquatics because I think that learning how to swim is a very important life skill. I really enjoy working with children, teens, and adults
to increase their comfort level and confidence in the water.
- What is your favorite part about your job? About swimming in general?
I love when I’m working on stroke development
with a swimmer for several weeks or months and they finally accomplish the form/stroke we’ve been working on. It’s rewarding to see their development progress, and I get very excited that they’ve achieved a new level of swimming.
- What activities do you participate in at the club or outside of the club besides swimming?
I love to play tennis
and run. I also play rec Volleyball and Kickball!
- How would you encourage a parent considering putting their child in swim lessons? Or an adult considering to learn how to swim?
I would say the same to both. Learning how to swim is a life skill that takes time to develop. However, once you know the basic skills, you will be able to swim for the rest of your life.
- What advice would you give about the importance of learning to swim or aquatics exercise?
I think that when you live in a state like Wisconsin with so many bodies of water
it is wise to learn how to swim. Also, learning how to swim expands beyond the skill itself. It is an individual sport which boosts self-confidence. It is an incredibly great workout
because you utilize so many different muscle groups, and you learn survival techniques as well as water safety
Have you taken a swimming lesson with Phoebe? Tell us about your experience, or perhaps your own personal swimming story! SaveSave SaveSave SaveSave SaveSave SaveSave SaveSave SaveSave SaveSaveSaveSave SaveSave SaveSave SaveSave SaveSave SaveSave SaveSave SaveSave SaveSave SaveSave SaveSave SaveSave